Monday, November 5, 2012

Breezeway Progress: Pt. 2.

The Walls.
On Saturday,  I was able to finish putting up the sheet music. 
Easy, but time consuming.  Relaxing actually. 
I used piano music books I've gotten at book sales and picked up for free at garage sales. 

I used wallpaper paste.  ($20 bottle at Home Depot)
I used an Exacto knife and cut the pages out of the books. 
The room is 10x10 and used 3 books.
I simply brushed the paste on each page and stuck them up, securing and smoothing ask I went along with a large moist sponge.  I didn't worry too much about being level.
The cut of each page edge lined up as I went along. 
I thought about using regular book pages, but i liked the bigger sheets from the piano books. (less pasting and hanging!)

(naughty decorating disclaimer: I did go right on top of the existing wall paper. I just didn't see the point of stripping it all off since I wasn't painting. And, this is basically a mud room with no insulation - we won't be hanging out in the room - so, I opted to just simply paper over the paper.)

The Floor
It was a mess. 
It was Mike the Dog's mudroom.  No matter how hard I scrubbed, it would not come clean.
So I scrubbed it twice more, then sanded it.  Then painted it.
It was not glamorous and it's not done yet.



It's come a long way.  
This is still just the bones.
It's starting to find it's personality.
More to come!
{I think i should get some sort of award for showing a picture of someone
who looks a lot like me scrubbing the floor on hands and knees. 
The other one is of the Cabinet Maker... he had that one comin'.}

xo jeanne.



1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to know that you put that paper over paper....I just couldn't imagine later on having to remove the multiple pages. LOL!

    Looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...