I dashed away to Cali. right after I posted the laundry room.
I left some loose ends as to how we did it.
It was 'The really messy project that turned out fabulous' project.
Basically everything needed to be washed down, wiped off, swept, moved and removed, then swept again. Then measured, painted, repainted, retouched, then swept - again.
This went on for a good two weeks. Thank goodness it was in the basement away from sight. We could turn off the light and go upstairs to regain sanity.
First, the room itself.
Dingy, musty. Total drag. The before pics aren't that great.
At this point, I was hoping for a miracle.
I only snapped a few mercy pics of the poor room.
Here's a before and after of the same corner:
The wall turned out to be only a flimsy wall put up for storage - it came down.
Whew. If you got through all that, you're a saint!
I just couldn't move on to my next posts until I got all that out.
See, somewhere in me is an organized person....proof!
I still have to find a good product to clean up the cement sink.
It's in rough shape. The good news that room remains clean.
It is bright and cheerful.
Plus, spider free.
Here's the original 'all done' post.
Take care of you and do your laundry.